6 dec. 2015

Believe only what is (possible to be) carved in a stone.. (against ''the meaning illiteracy'')


I must say a humble thank you to my dear readers for reminding me some nicely put words by cruising throughout the blog. That's how I found this playful little post from more than 5 years ago. Its title was ''Basic approach to life and the MOP model in coaching'' - and is of course a thin irony, but a loving one.

The matter of fact, the way things evolved in popular knowledge in these last years may change irony into something more alarming about perverting science-based findings into mass media good rating.. news. It is like a new form of illiteracy, much dangerous, because is not anymore about not knowing letters but about not knowing meanings. Not know is a good place to start, but become an apostle of largely followed ones outsmarts the very true endeavor to find your own meanings, the ones to shape your actions, your search, your time-structure - read ''value''.  It is odd to observe that a beautiful tool - Internet - could have a ''side effect'', a bad and crumbling (sic!) effect. Especially in the delicate subject of mind and soul - of human sciences, in short.

Jorge Luis Borges published an extraordinary story The Book of Sand - it was first printed in 1975, but the ''plot'' is already in another novel, The Zahir, from 1949. The main character is... a book - a special one: if turning the pages, more pages seem to spring out of the front and back of the first opened ones. Let us acknowledge that this ''process'' is quite an eloquent metaphor for what we all are getting through: the ''sand-effect'' of our times.

 Therefore, I do propose to reconsider... stones. Especially this one: ''Nothing in excess'' (nothing too much)

And to reconsider Pre-socratic thinkers - they are fewer than yearly names on the lists of ''5o thinkers of the year''. And they are for all and any year. And, of course, The Clay Tablets, and more. And The 10 Commandments!

My old post was a kind of Alice in Wonderland-question: ''What a nice kid like you doing in a place like this?'' Lets clean those sixty shades of grey.. sand of self-development pretenders. Mop it accurately. Be you! Well, they carved this call-for-action too :) ''Know yourself''



Here you are my old post:

‘Just receiving appreciations for my “poetic* and philosophic” approach to life.

Here you are an interesting quote from "Plato, Not Prozac!” by Lou Marinoff:
The stigma of sickness is placed on those going through personal problems, many of which are actually rooted in philosophical dilemmas underlying one's basic approach to life and its problems.
Medications just suppress the symptoms, without getting to the core issues, which are often philosophical.


Therefore I will keep playing (!) philosophical – for the best –, and for the best of my life and my activity
and of the people I coach**.

Philosophic approach is an exquisite tool for the larger frame of reference i.e. larger area of options – and awarness regarding the freedom of choice. This empowering position in life leads to appropriate action plan. If you will not see your life in a connectedness with the whole, your action plans would be valuable just to the place where your world meets the World – there are many chances to get frustrated on that edge.

So, start with the 3 M – myself, meaning, mission
Be aware of the 3 O – Oh’s (better known as ”a-ha moments”), offers, options
Get through the 3 P – person, perception, presence.
MOP your self, then go GROW (the most applied coaching model),or go GENIUS (another coaching model)***.

It is a nice novel by Leonard Cohen “The Favourite Game”. I should speak of my way as “The Effective Game”
:)


*poetic?
well, the content of your life is the content of your words - but what about the feelings you felt, feel, would like to feel? how can you express them? and here I am with Wittgenstein - The limits of my language are the limits of my world. - only if understanding language as something more then words, something like this famous saying of Saint Augustin What, then, is time? I know well enough what it is, provided that nobody asks me; but if I am asked what it is and try to explain, I am baffled. Time is much more a feeling than a content. The saying of Saint Augustin is more poetry than words.That is what poetic stands for - to be complete.
** now, from 2 years, I may say ''I nestwork'' ;) 
*** or go NEST: now, enjoy, search, trust. It works. NESTworking™ .. worths!